The Uncommon Path
Plan Wisely | Retire Well | Travel on Your Terms
- 2022 has not been kind to many large growth stocks, but it’s not too late to rebalance
- Exactly how much does it cost to retire in each country? A list
- In case your retirement fund is a little low, a list of the cheapest countries to live in
- Ready to renew your passport? Soon you won’t have to mail it in
Happy New Year! 2022 is less than a week old, but it has already reminded us of a valuable lesson. The NASDAQ is down 3.5% in the first three days of trading – not a great way to start the new year. However, other asset classes have held up well or are positive on the year, including small-cap value stocks, which have gained approximately 1%.
The lesson? Rebalance regularly. I know it isn’t easy, especially when your tech stocks are screaming to new highs daily. Try to take the emotion out of rebalancing and set up a schedule to rebalance portfolios based on the time of year or when your asset allocation strays from its target.
Is it too late for 2022? Absolutely not. Rest assured that if you’re an investment management client of PathBridge Financial, your portfolio was rebalanced toward the end of 2021. If you manage your own investments, I encourage you to make sure your asset allocation matches the target allocation in your financial plan. If your investments are out of whack, it’s time to rebalance.
Mailing in your passport for renewal will soon be a relic of the past as the U.S. government takes a tentative step into the 21st century!
Want to know what it’s like to work remotely from another country? 8 remote workers tell you what to expect..
Not everyone is looking for the cheapest places to live in the world, but I think it’s fascinating to read about them and see what’s available.
So exactly how much will it cost to retire in each country? The infographic above by NetCredit. There are some excellent graphics in this article.
Did you miss the last issue of The Uncommon Path? If so, you have a second chance to catch up on:
- Should you keep Medicare if you move overseas in retirement?
- I-Bonds will offer an annualized 7.12% rate for at least part of 2022, do they make sense in your portfolio?
- Ever feel like you’re booking your flight/hotel at exactly the wrong time? Expedia crunches the numbers and explains when to book and when to travel for lower rates
- My Thanksgiving trip report gives you the scoop on how bad airports really were – not that bad actually
Prefer to receive my newsletter in your inbox?
You’ll not only be signed up for my newsletter which is published twice a month, but you’ll also get a PDF that shows you exactly what a comprehensive retirement plan for people who love to travel is all about. Thanks for reading!
David Tuzzolino, CFA, CFP®, is the Founder and CEO of PathBridge Financial, a firm that specializes in providing comprehensive financial planning and investment management services for clients that are nearing retirement and love to travel.